UMAI’s specialty is providing HMLV (High Mix Low Volume) customers with end-to-end manufacturing services from design through system build and drop ship. When it comes to automotive printed circuit board, reliability is paramount. Today, no new car can run without an onboard computer and those computers need sophisticated automotive printed circuit boards to make them run. Automotive is a key sector for us and has many special needs:
- These products may be built infrequently, are often exposed to harsh environments, have long service lives and high-reliability requirements. The thermal resistance and longevity make an automotive PCB distinct from the rest.
- Miniaturization and light weight are very important for saving fuel. You can achieve miniaturization and light wight of PCBs by density and area reduction.
- Demand for more accessories and features for cars that are powered by electronic components, the need for automotive PCBs of varying types is only growing.
To satisfy these needs, most instrumentation products require high quality assembly and thorough, accurate test.
For these reasons, UMAI offers you best-in-class equipment backed by expert resources, for assembly and test of the most complex products, at any stage from prototype to volume production. Click on assembly or Test for details. Instrumentation products often have custom BGAs. UMAI uses its Agilent 3070 In-Circuit Tester to test BGAs electrically, and its 3D X-Ray tester to test BGA solder joints in depth. UMAI also has a BGA repair station.
Judge how well UMAI satisfies the requirements of instrumentation OEMs by the number of very satisfied customers we have in this sector, as evidenced by their testimonials.
Examples of customers in this sector include OEMs of the following products:
- Audio and video equipment
- Digital displays
- Electronic computer unit (ECU)/ Car computer
- LCD displays and touch screen