UMAI’s specialty is providing HMLV (High Mix Low Volume) customers with end-to-end manufacturing services from design through system build and drop ship to HMLV (High Mix Low Volume) customers. Communication equipment is a key sector for us and has many special needs:
- Communication OEMs have typically HMLV but expensive, long life products.
- Typically, the PCBAs are dense, fine pitch and complex.
- The final system contains several PCBAs and other parts, and final system test is complex. That makes it difficult and costly to pinpoint and fix defects at the final system test stage.
To satisfy these needs, most instrumentation products require high quality assembly and thorough, accurate test.
For these reasons, UMAI offers you best-in-class equipment backed by expert resources, for assembly and test of the most complex products at any stage from prototype to volume production. Click on Test for details. Communication products often have custom BGAs. UMAI uses its Agilent 3070 In-Circuit Tester to test BGAs electrically, and its 3D X-Ray tester to test BGA solder joints in depth. UMAI also has a BGA repair station.
Judge how well UMAI satisfies the requirements of communication OEMs by the number of very satisfied customers we have in this sector, as evidenced by their testimonials.
Examples of customers in this sector include OEMs of the following products:
- RF & microwave test products
- 10 Gbps Data networking products
- Data center equipment
- Professional Audio/Visual equipment